[Kde-pim] Idea, KOrganizer Combined Search/Create bar

Bas Grolleman bgrolleman at emendo-it.nl
Wed Aug 1 05:24:40 BST 2007

So I had this idea for a while now, and I think I should atleast have posted
it sooner. Well beter late than never.

The idea is that in korganizer (Tasks view) we now see 2 bars, one for
creating, the other for filtering. My suggestion is to combine this in a
search/create bar.

Why? Because when I filter for something it's mostly a few words, like when I
want to know what I need to do on Plasma I type in "plasma"

But, when I want to create a task, I mostly write the whole task so then the
result would be. "Create code for the 2nd Plasma Tutorial"

Now unless I already have a task with that exact line in it, I will get an
empty resultset. Hence, the only logical option at pressing enter would not
be to open the task, but to create a new one.

Now I dragged the idea around Akademy for a while, and one of the Amarok guys
had a nice improvement on this, and that is to make the last item in the
filter a "create new task" item, this would give to user feedback, and also
make it posible to create a task when something similar is available already.

So what would be your thoughts about this?