[Kde-pim] handling different timezones in Kontact

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Sun Aug 26 16:51:11 BST 2007

On Friday 24 August 2007 18:56:27 Kevin Kempter wrote:
> How can I specify a timezone for Kontact? (i.e. Can I have Kontact
> auto-shuffle my appointments based on what timezone I'm in?)

It's explained in KOrganizer Configuration, Time & Date, in Chapter 7 of the
KOrganizer handbook, linked from the Kontact handbook.

Yes, appointments can be shuffled so that they appear at the correct time
relative to the timezone you're currently in.  One gotcha, if you currently
don't have a timezone set in KOrganizer ("Local time") then when you first
set a timezone, KOrganizer will prompt you if you want to move the
appointments.  Just leave them where they are.

kdepim-users at kde.org is the appropriate list for this kind of question, by the
way.

Will