[Kde-pim] [patch] Akonadi Control .desktop lookup based on XDG Base Dirs

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Thu Aug 23 07:23:24 BST 2007

On Wednesday 22 August 2007 00:30:46 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> Since Volker seems to like my patches I have another one to review ;)
> Also touching a class with Tobias' copyright in it, so maybe he wants to
> have a look as well. (server/control/agentmanager)

And I like this one as well :)
So far noone really cared about this stuff since it doesn't matter for
developing, but it's extremely important for actual deployments.

> Basically replaces the AKONADIDIR + "/share/apps/akonadi" based lookup
> of .desktop file with a loop over "data" resource directory list based
> lookup.
>
> For compatabilty I added AKONADIDIR + "/share/apps" to the "data" system
> list in XdgBaseDirs. (Committed this one already)
>
> Actually it would be great to get rid of the KDE specific "apps" part.
>
> I have seen it referenced from CMakeLists.txt files in searchprovider,
> resources and agents and I would have provided a patch for those as well,
> but there is also a "share/apps" based path in
> libakonadi/itemserializer.cpp and I am not sure if there are any cross
> dependencies.

This is needed by the plugin loader (libkdepim/pluginloader.h), which
internally uses KStandardDirs. But this is just used on the client side
(which has KDE dependencies anyway), so I don't think that's a problem.

Also, I would like to get rid of the duplicated xdgbasedirs.* files. I see two
ways of doing this: putting it into libakonadiprotocol which contains shared
qt-only code between client and server (and is currently well hidden in the
libakonadi folder ;-) ) or simply adding the same source file to libakonadi
and the server (which should work since we don't need to export the
XdgBaseDir class).

regards
Volker