[Kde-pim] [patch] Akonadi data connection

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Aug 19 17:05:17 BST 2007

On Saturday 18 August 2007, Volker Krause wrote:
> On Friday 17 August 2007 19:01:54 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > I made another patch regarding Akonadi's data connection, this time
> > making the connection paramters (port on Windows, socket directory on
> > Unix) configurable through akonadiserverrc
> >
> > When starting up, akonadiserver will read "Connection/Port" on Windows
> > and "Connection/SocketDirectory" on Unix, defaulting to the previously
> > hardcoded values.
> >
> > After it has established its listening, it wil write the respective
> > settings into akonadiconnectionrc, which in turn is read by
> > libakonadi/session. This allows to configure the TCP port to "0", meaning
> > the server will just bind to any free port, and this port will then be
> > available in to the clients through the connetion config.
>
> thanks, patch looks good to me, please commit :)

Comitted.

Next thing I'd like to do is making use of the freedesktop.org base directory
specification, essentially similar to KDEDIRS + KDEHOME.

Specifically using XDG_CONFIG_DIRS (and its specified default) will allow
distributors and admins to install default configurations.

I already have the code for dealing with the environment variables and their
defaults, see attached test program.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring