[Kde-pim] Fwd: Re: Final Applications Date?

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Apr 4 10:44:56 BST 2007

> Is there any way to guesstimate how much change will be required to port an
> app from {qt,kde}3 to {qt,kde}4.  How are other apps doing this?  The
> farther the two codebases diverge, of course, the harder it will be to
> bug-fix/enhance/etc....

If libkcal and kabc are the PIM 4.0 data storage mechanisms then we can count
on known bugs, at least. We don't do *that* much with DCOP except keep the
daemon and the UI / viewer in sync.

> > For either app to go into kdepim, we have the following basic
> > requirements: - cmake buildsystem
>
> We've gotten a good head start on this, I think.  I'm assuming that we'll
> be able to use the cmake build system that we've put in place for kpilot
> with little changes for kde4?

It's mostly a matter of removing the "3" from macro calls like
kde3_add_automoc().

> >  - must have at least a start of a handbook
>
> I think kpilot already does?

It's horribly outdated though.