[Kde-pim] kde-pim and GSoC

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Apr 28 10:36:27 BST 2007

On Donnerstag, 12. April 2007 +0100, Volker Krause wrote:
> On Thursday 12 April 2007 15:44:13 Kelly Miller wrote:
> > Well I didn't get picked, but oh well.  Got anything that needs doing?
>
> Well, that you didn't get selected doesn't mean your proposals were bad,
> after all we had to select from more than 200 applications.
>
> So, just doing one of your proposals anyway seems like the obvious choice
> to me (and you seem to have five to choose from ;-) ). I can't really
> comment on the other ones, but I would be interested in discussing the
> Akonadi Java/C# bindings one with you, non-c++ bindings are certainly
> something we want to have for Akonadi.

Just a comment from someone monitoring the D-Bus mailinglist:
both Java and C# have native D-Bus bindings, i.e. the authors even implemented
the wire protocol level.

Since I bet there are also IMAP implementations for those two frameworks, they
would make a good show case that using Akonadi does not make the client
depend on KDE or Qt, something which is unfortunately assumed of all
technoligies KDE developers come up with, regardless if its true or not.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring