[Kde-pim] KMail policy regarding closing bugs

Stefan Eilers stefan.eilers at basyskom.de
Wed Nov 1 18:42:56 GMT 2006

Hi Ingo!
Am 26.10.2006 um 22:55 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:

> In any case, I'm not so sure whether it makes so much sense closing
> KMail bugs because a year from now KMail will hopefully be replaced by
> something completely different (based on Akonadi and completely
> modular; yes, I'm dreaming).
[...]
> OTOH, most of those bugs are almost impossible to fix with the current
> architecture.

Modularity is the key word for me. I fear that we don't have the time
to rewrite Kmail from ground up. Thus, I think about a valid path to
improve modularity without loosing an already working mail client.
Currently I try to get my feeds into this KDE-Pim stuff and I had a
very brief look into the sources of KMail. I don't had the time to
analyze the details, but the sources doesn't look that bad for me.
I'm sure that I overlooked the problematic aspects in the code (as
said: I don't had the time to look into the details). Thus I would
really happy if you (or somebody else) would be so kind to give me
some short hints where to look at.

Thanks! :)

Mfg., Dr. Stefan Eilers
--

Dr.-Ing. Stefan Eilers
Projekt Manager

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel: +49 6151 3969-962 | Fax: -736 | Mobile: +49 170 4213459 |
Jabber: eilers at jabber.org
stefan.eilers at basyskom.de | www.basyskom.de