[Kde-pim] Kontact + Groupwise

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Tue Nov 21 20:42:13 GMT 2006

On Thursday 12 October 2006 18:18, Nathan Sutton wrote:
> I'm looking to setup Groupwise access in Kontact, but I don't know the
> Soap interface or port numbers.  I do know the groupwise server's dns
> name though, and the port used in Groupwise is 1677.  Is this the same
> as what kontact should use?

Sorry for the late reply.  1677 is for the GroupWise Object API, the protocol
used by the Windows and java crossplatform clients.  It is not used by
Kontact.

Kontact uses the SOAP interface.  The port used is up to your GW admin but is
most commonly 7191 or 8201.

Use 'groupwisewizard' to configure Kontact since it makes the changes needed
in 4 places in one simple process.  If you must persist in doing it
yourself ;), try something like
http[s]://your.groupwiseserver.your.com:7191/soap in the Contacts and
Calendar resource setups, and
groupwise[s]://your.groupwiseserver.your.com:7191/soap/freebusy/ in the
FreeBusy config.

HTH

Will

--