[Kde-pim] PATCH: session management for kontact

Carsten Pfeiffer pfeiffer at kde.org
Tue Nov 21 11:40:54 GMT 2006

Hi,

while trying to fix #100964 (session management for akregator), I noticed that
kontact itself doesn't provide any session management.

I implemented reading and saving as a simple dispatching to the active kontact
plugins. To do this, I needed to add two new virtual methods
readProperties(KConfig*) and saveProperties(KConfig*) to Kontact::Plugin
(which nicely complement the already existing queryClose()).

Now every plugin can implement these to provide plugin-specific session
management. A patch for akregator is posted to #100964.

After I had done this, it still didn't work, because the wrong KConfg object
was passed to readProperties(). This was because mainWindow->restore() was
called in newInstance() previously, which happens in another process and thus
gets another session-id. So I shuffled things around a bit in main.cpp to
make it work.

Patch is against 3.5 branch.

Please CC me any replies, as I'm not subscribed.

Cheers,
Carsten