[Kde-pim] tagging in KDEPim

Sebastian TrĂ¼g strueg at mandriva.com
Tue Dec 5 08:47:47 GMT 2006

Hi guys,

I heard that you were implementing tagging capabilities in KMail. I am
actually working on a general tagging mechanism. The KMetaData library (can
be found in playground/base/nepomuk-kde/kmetadata) provides a very simple
interface to assign tags and annotations to resources of all kinds. The
resources are generated from an ontology which currently only contains File
and Email classes but will be completed as part of the Nepomuk project.

I would very much like to add tagging and annotation functionality to KMail
using libKMetaData. This would also make this information reusable in other
applications later on.

Please comment.

Cheers,
Sebastian