[Kde-pim] Do we have your permission?

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Wed Dec 13 16:36:57 GMT 2006

Hi Cornelius,

As you may have noticed, we are starting to move more new features from
the kdepim-3.5.5+ branch into the 3.5/kdepim branch for the 3.5.6 release.

I think we have been neglecting one important step:  asking for your permission.

We have been relying on the individual application maintainers permission,
but Thiago correctly points out that we also need the module maintainer permission.

Two recent examples:
  1. a bunch of kpilot changes -- almost all bugfixes -- but there is one user-visible change
      to schedule backups.
      But the biggest change here is a new requirement of the minimum version of the
      pilot-link library to v0.12.x

  2. KOrganizer: Add command line options to
     1) Open the URLs in a separate window (--open, -o)
     2) Merge the events of the URLs into the standard calendar (--merge, -m)
     3) Add the URLs as new resources (--import, -i)
    If no command line option is given, korganizer will ask which of these actions
   should be taken for each URL. If no URL is given, the standard resource calendar
    is displayed.

We are also still discussing adding major new templates feature to KMail.
And Reinhold and I are working to add some new printing (yearly and single incidence)
capabilities to KOrganizer.

So, I'm not sure how much you want to be bugged about all this, but we would
like to have your permisson on the recent kpilot and korganzier features.

-Allen

--
This is my KDE signature