[Kde-pim] kontact setup for ms exchange

Peter Bittner peter.bittner at gmx.net
Mon Dec 4 13:38:48 GMT 2006

Hi!

I believe there is still no direct support of the Exchange server's
MAPI protocol. That is the mail problem for integration onto an
Exchange 2003 server. (Note: I do not know in depth about latest
development efforts. It has been this way more that a year ago when I
tried to solve the same problem.)

Bas, when you can get your system adminstration to activate the IMAP
protocol on your Exchange server, you can safely use e-mail with
Kontact (it worked for me until our sysadmin deliberately decided to
disable IMAP access). Calendar integration might still be a problem.

I even managed to get companies' contacts listed in KAddressbook
(kabc) accessing our Active Directory. Just use the LDAP protocol; you
then need to filter the directory's output, I remember this was kind
of tricky.

Sorry for the bad news! Easy integration into Exchange is still not
available, I believe.

Peter

2006/12/4, Marcelo Magno T. Sales <marcelo.sales at sefaz.pe.gov.br>:
> Em Sábado 02 Dezembro 2006 06:59, Bas Flipsen escreveu:
> > Dear,
> >
> > I am using a kubuntu laptop computer, and want to use kontact as an PIM
> > client in combination with a exchange server (i think its 2003). I am
> > trying to setup but fail all the time. Is there a short introduction
> > which explains how to setup Kontact for a MS=exchange server?
>
> Don't know of a doc about this, but I use Kontact as an Exchange 2000 client
> here. Maybe I can help if you are more precise.
>
> []'s
> Marcelo

DI Peter Bittner