[Kde-pim] wierdness with kpilot & Treo 680

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue Dec 19 22:41:41 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 19 December 2006 19:02, Kevin Kempter wrote:
> I got a new Treo 680 (the unlocked copper colored one!) and I can sync with
> Kpilot but only if I do this:
>
> 1) Connect the usb sync cable
> 2) open kpilot
> 3) press the hot sync button on the treo data cable
> 4) Go to Settings-->Configure Kpilot
> 5) choose device
> 6) change the speed
> 7) once I click the sync immediately starts and completes successfully

You can perhaps right-click on the tray icon and choose "reset link". I've
seen this reported somewhere before. I suspect it's another one of those
quicks that needs to be worked around: the device connects, sparks
a "hotsync" which isn't but KPilot hangs on it. Try enabling the workaround
for the Zire31, see if that helps.

--
KDE Quality Team  http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/
GPG: FEA2 A3FE    http://people.fruitsalad.org/adridg/