[Kde-pim] cannot compile kopete 4

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Sat Dec 2 22:57:56 GMT 2006

On Sunday 03 December 2006 06:14, Giovanni Venturi wrote:
> Well, I got kdesupport module from the trunk and I gave the following
> commands:
> cd kdesupport/qca
> mkdir build
> cd build
> cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$KDEDIR .. && make && make install

A couple of suggestions: do you really want to install qca and taglib and
friends into wherever $KDEDIR points to? Even if this is your KDE4 directory
(and that isn't what KDEDIR normally means), then you might be better off
thinking about whether QCA is really part of KDE - I don't think it is.

If you are happy with the above, then you need to make sure that pkg-config
can find the QCA installation, typically by making sure that your
PKG_CONFIG_PATH includes $KDEDIR/lib/pkgconfig

HTH.

Brad