[Kde-perl] Qt Compile Flags (Was: Compiling Without Installing)

Chris Burel chrisburel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 21:43:48 CEST 2009

Yes, pkg-config will work for us for Qt, but not for Smoke.  Last time
I looked, kde-bindings doesn't ship with .pc files.  I checked
<kdeprefix>/lib/pkgconfig, and saw none related to smoke.  Perhaps
that'd be useful for smoke to include?

Jonathan, I saw a post from you earlier about restructuring the
directory layout of the bindings to accommodate using the
Makefile.PL/ExtUtils::MakeMaker build method.  Currently we have this
PerlQt4
  |-smoke
  |  \-qt
  |    \-...
  \-perl
    \-bindings files

You wanted to make it
PerlQt4
  \-perl
    |-smoke
    |  \-qt
    |    \-...
    \-bindings files

Don't you think we can make it work as it is?  If there's a
Makefile.PL at the top level, and a Makefile.PL in the smoke directory
that builds smoke for us, and a Makefile.PL in the perl dir that
builds the bindings, wouldn't that work?  Then we could keep our
structure similar to that of kde-bindings, so it's easy for us to
commit there when we're ready, and will integrate nicely with their
CMake build system.