[Kde-perl] puic dies with version error

Alain EMPAIN "alain.empain" at ulg.ac.be
Thu Mar 30 09:14:44 CEST 2006

Hello Roy,

your problem reminds the mine, a long time ago, so to avoid you to
search in old stuff, I copy my old solving post here.

Have a good day,

	Alain
-------------------

Hello,

I am developping with perl-Qt (Version : 3.008, release 118),
designer/Qt 3.3.1 from SuSE 9.1.
puic is <PerlQt User Interface Compiler v0.70 for Qt version 3.3.1>

0/ When I run 'piuic -o ...' an error message says :
"puic: File generated with too recent version of Qt Designer (3.3).
Recent extensions won't be handled."
No problem ;-)   : I edit the version 3.3 to 3.0, and it works.
I browsed for a newer version of puic, with no success.

1/ when I change the default font, or the palette with designer, puic is
fooled.
Exploring why, I found that simply the new objects are not listed within
the generated perl module Xxxx.pm :

----------------------
New generated intructions :
sub NEW
{
    shift->SUPER::NEW(@_[0..3]);
(...)
    pal = Qt::Palette();
    cg = Qt::ColorGroup();
    cg->setColor(&Qt::ColorGroup::Foreground, &black);
(...)
---------------------------
ERROR:
Can't modify constant item in scalar assignment
at Etpg.pm line 434, near ");"

434:     pal = Qt::Palette();
---------------------------
What to do : add pal and cg to Qt::attributes :

use Qt::attributes qw(
    pb_sel1
=> I added the lacking objects :
    pal
    cg
);

And with this simple correction, it gives a valid xxx.pm

Is it known stuffs, is there a recent, corrected puic ?

     Cheers,

    Alain