[Kde-perl] PerlQt is getting old

Rob kdemail-raindog at kudla.org
Tue Jun 7 07:00:26 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 07 June 2005 00:26, Ashley Winters wrote:
> You need a reason to fork something. I don't think anyone cares
> enough anymore to want to fork Perl5. If someone showed that much

Well, the reason for forking that I'm anticipating is when Larry and
co. release perl6 and decide that it's so awesome and pure that perl5
shouldn't be maintained anymore.  Someone who does care will pick it
up (you may have switched to Ruby, but it seems to me that most
people haven't switched to some other language at all), and perl5 and
perl6 will continue as separately maintained forks, with perl5 maybe
getting a different name and perl6 just being called "perl".  That's
what I anticipate, anyway.

Rob