[Kde-perl] Help with connect

Roy Souther roy at SiliconTao.com
Mon Jul 4 01:21:24 CEST 2005

I am not an expert with PerlQt but I am an expert with Qt C++.
These are the problems I found with your code and I have attached the
fixed version.

1) PushButtons do not have a slot for setText. You cannont connect an
event to that as a slot.
2) Slots must take only arguments given by the signal. You tried to give
it a contant that was not in the signal.
3) Slots can only exist in an object not linear code like you tired to
do.

To fix this I changed your linear code to an object. Connected the
signal event to a actual slot and made the slot change the text like you
tried.

I hope this helps to explain why your code did not work and my fix does.