[Kde-perl] XS_this and the argument stack.

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 10 23:47:43 CET 2005

On Monday 10 January 2005 21:42, Matt Newell wrote:
> BTW, I've modified my version with full marshalling support for QVariant,
> and QValueList<QVariant>.  So far the marshaller supports Int, UInt,
> LongLong->Int, ULongLong->UInt, Date -> Qt::Date, DateTime ->Qt::DateTime,
> Time -> Qt::Time, and String.  I think that this would be a valueable
> contribution to perlqt, so I've attached the code.
I think it seems a good idea to be able to pass a perlqt Qt::Date, or perl
string etc and have them automatically converted to an appropriate C++
QVariant type. On the other hand, I not so sure about going the other way -
maybe you would want an actual PerlQt Qt::Variant or a list of Qt::Variants
returned instead of them being converted to the underlying type of the C++
QVariant in perl.

In addition to the patch, you need entries like this in the Qt_handlers array
so the marshallers get called:

    { "QVariant", marshall_QVariant },
    { "QVariant&", marshall_QVariant },
    { "QVariant*", marshall_QVariant },

    { "QValueList<QVariant>", marshall_QValueListQVariant },
    { "QValueList<QVariant>&", marshall_QValueListQVariant },

-- Richard