[Kde-perl] XS_this and the argument stack.

Matt Newell newellm at blur.com
Mon Jan 10 22:42:37 CET 2005

Hello

I've recently been integrating my homegrown database class library(built on
top of QSqlDatabase etc.) into a hacked up version of perlqt 3.008.  I've
already gotten it working well, but now I'm in the process of converting a
lot of existing perl code to use it, and I'm really finding that I don't like
the fact that the this object is taken off of the arguement stack.  I was
just wondering if there is a reason why this is required, or if it was simply
done as convenience.  I'm pretty sure that I can remove it, but I just wanted
to check and make sure that it wasn't going to bite me in the ass.

BTW, I've modified my version with full marshalling support for QVariant, and
QValueList<QVariant>.  So far the marshaller supports Int, UInt,
LongLong->Int, ULongLong->UInt, Date -> Qt::Date, DateTime ->Qt::DateTime,
Time -> Qt::Time, and String.  I think that this would be a valueable
contribution to perlqt, so I've attached the code.

Matt