[Kde-perl] QT/Win32 GPL'ed! Will PerlQt provide native Win32 binaries?

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 7 23:18:20 CET 2005

On Monday 07 February 2005 19:18, ryan at vbijl.net wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 06:11:55PM +0100, Hongli Lai wrote:
> > Good news, QT/Win32 has been GPL'ed!
> > http://www.trolltech.com/newsroom/announcements/00000192.html
> > See also Slashdot, OSNews, etc.
> >
> > Will PerlQT provide native Win32 binaries? That would be great.
>
> It looks like the dual licensing only applies to Qt v4.0. However,
> it sounds like PerlQT/Win32 binaries might be possible.  I don't
> know how the port of PerlQT to Qt 4.0 is going, or if anyone is
> even working on it.
I had a look at how the slots/signals work in Qt 4.0, as that's the main thing
that would need changing for a PerlQt port. And it looked as though it would
fit quite well with the way the 'Smoke' library works with PerlQt and QtRuby.
Whereas the way Qt 2.0 slots/signals worked with function pointers would have
been impossible to get working with PerlQt.

-- Richard