[Kde-perl] Can't get started on FreeBSD

Acajou acajou at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 16:27:34 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I'm trying to get started with PerlQT on FreeBSD (4.10-RELEASE).  I've
got KDE 3.3.0 (qt-3.3.3) and perl 5.8.5 running fine and the
p5-qt-3.008 port built and installed fine.  But it won't run...

eg:
myhost% perl -MQt -e '1;'
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/X11R6/lib/libqt-mt.so.3: Undefined
symbol "pthread_mutexattr_init"

Anyone else observe this problem?  I'm building using ports, so I'd be
suprised if the problem was specific to me...

Can anyone possibly point me in the right direction for fixing this?
I'm thinking I might need to rebuild QT linking pthread in, but I'm a
little unclear why my KDE's otherwise working perfectly if something's
wrong with my QT build.  So maybe something's wrong with the p5-qt
port?

More info:
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=620435+0+archive/2004/freebsd-ports/20041017.freebsd-ports

Any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated,
--
Acajou <acajou at gmail.com>