[Kde-perl] How to use KDE widgets ?

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 22 12:51:57 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 21 July 2004 14:27, qqq qqqq wrote:
> Hi to all ,
>
> I am newbie in Perl Qt and i try to create a gui using
> KDE widgets , but i get an error.
>
> It only allow to use QT widgets , Is there any form to
> use KDE widgets ?
There is code in the PerlQt cvs to do this, but I'm not sure how easy it is to
build - I haven't tried it. I don't think the PerlQt developers have had much
time recently to finish it off. We really need more volunteers perhaps - is
anyone on this list familiar with perlguts stuff?

I've done a lot of work on the KDE korundum ruby bindings lately, which are
exactly the same underneath as PerlQt/PerlKDE, so it shouldn't be too much
work to port that code from ruby to perlguts. It's mainly marshalling to and
from dcop, and code to convert the various KDE array types to ruby/perl ones
and back again.

-- Richard