[Kde-perl] After resizing Widget with table, table contents not properly displayed

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 9 06:02:55 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 07 July 2004 08:24, Oliver Kreuer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> one of my widgets contains a table which shows one or two columns with 5
> rows of content.
> If I resize the widget when the table shows two columns the table
> content is not properly shown after resizing. For example, strings of
> column two suddenly show up in column one after I maximized the widget
> using the maximize button of the window manager decoration.
>
> Programs written in C++ don't show this strange behaviour.
>
> I've found a work around. I reimplemented the resizeEvent handler as
> follows:
>
> sub resizeEvent
> {
>     if ($filled eq "true")
>     {
> 	table->updateContents();
>     }
> }
>
> If my table is filled with content call "updateContents" for every
> resize event.
> But I think that normally Qt should handle this itself.
> Any suggestions?
This sounds a strange error - can you post a complete program which reproduces
the problem. PerlQt has various debugging modes you can turn on to see which
virtual method callbacks are being called, so you could add this to the top
of your program and see if that gives any clues:

use Qt::debug qw( virtual )

-- Richard