[Kde-perl] pqt-designer for Debian - Segmentation fault

David Greaves david at dgreaves.com
Fri Jul 2 18:15:06 CEST 2004

David Greaves wrote:

> However I do now have another problem and have a minimal test case:
> * Start pqt-designer
> * select perl project from new dialogue
> * accept defaults
> * select menu File->new
> * select dialog
> * Project Overview: click unnamed1.ui.pm (editor appears)
> * Project Overview: click Form1:unamed1.ui
> * Project Overview: click unnamed1.ui.pm (Segmentation fault)
>
> Is this a known issue?
> It does it with the system build and if I build my own Qt.
>
> Debian
> Qt is 3.2.3
> Perl is 5.8.4
>
> David

So, an update.

I took the source for designer from Qt3.2.3 and applied the patches
included in pqt-designer and compiled that.
All patches applied quite cleanly.
As noted the perleditor ones were no longer required (I ignored the
convenience one)

Exact same problem though.

I'm using kde3 installed versions of qt, not just qt3 - is that a problem?

Any suggestions gratefully recvd - I'd love to play with perlqt like this :)

David