[Kde-perl] pqt-designer for Debian - Segmentation fault

David Greaves david at dgreaves.com
Fri Jul 2 13:34:14 CEST 2004

>/ Is there anywhere to get a .deb for pqt-designer?
/>/
/>/ The Debian unstable package (libqt-perl) doesn't seem to include it and
/>/ I'd rather not build my own Qt ;)
/
As long as you actually have the Qt libraries installed, you
shouldn't have to build your own qt.  You only have to build your
own version of qt's designer.

-Ryan

wasn't properly subscribed - doh!

Well, I did have the Q libraries installed but it was looking for a .moc file in the system include area?
I got and built qt in a side-directory and pointed QTDIR there and it built.
Then I read your response, tried again and it was fine after all.

It's now installed and works reasonably.

However I do now have another problem and have a minimal test case:
* Start pqt-designer
* select perl project from new dialogue
* accept defaults
* select menu File->new
* select dialog
* Project Overview: click unnamed1.ui.pm (editor appears)
* Project Overview: click Form1:unamed1.ui
* Project Overview: click unnamed1.ui.pm (Segmentation fault)

Is this a known issue?
It does it with the system build and if I build my own Qt.

Debian
Qt is 3.2.3
Perl is 5.8.4

David