[Kde-perl] introducing the PerlQt plugin for Qt Designer (Beta 1)

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Fri May 30 07:09:51 CEST 2003

Le Vendredi 30 Mai 2003 04:52, Ashley Winters a écrit :
> Germain,
>
> Your continued use and exploitation of the Smoke toolkit scares me. I
> may have *claimed* it was supposed to do the things you're doing with
> it, but I was just kidding! It was a marketing gimmick (much like Qt
> Designer's language plugin ability; heh).

I'm so sorry! I swore I didn't know that was a forgery!
Now that's all your fault, you faked waaaay too convincingly the encapsulation
of 12907 Qt methods.
Wait, I should have known better... it's too flawless to be real, therefore it
doesn't exist!  :-)

> How am I supposed to break backward compatibility with you digging
> around in there??? That stuff was supposed to be secret! *sigh* I guess
> I'll just stay backward-compatible.

I like "just backward compatible", when it means "I'm just on the verge of
adding support for the awful lot of hopelessly unparsable KDE classes" ;)

> Did Qt Designer already have auto-completion?

As a matter of fact, yes.
But you can sum up its capabilities like this:

QStrList props = obj->metaObject()->propertyNames( TRUE );
QStrList slts = obj->metaObject()->slotNames( TRUE );

Not really up to the Smoke standard if you ask me :)

For now, I simply piped pqtapi in the results with a basic cache, but the
first call of each class is sloooooow...
what would be the better way? Cache everything at start up?

> I'm trying to think up what I want in a Qt Designer... if only I didn't
> write all my code in Notepad.
>
> *starts download*
>
> ur flash skillz 0wnxor, g

indeed