[Kde-perl] PerlQt 3.006 on Sun 5.8 with Forte 7 C++

jim cowan jimi90501 at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 10:31:20 CEST 2003

Hi,
TIA. Anyone with any experience they'd like to
share which might help me get PerlQt 3.006 working
on a SunOS 5.8, with Sun's Forte Dev 7 software?

I got the PerlQt working on RH8 fine but now am
having problems getting it to work on the Sun.

The Qt is 3.1.1 on a 30 day trial.

The two problems I'm having are:
1. I had to change smoke/qt/Makefile to reference
   -lCrun as it wouldn't build the .so with the
   -no-undefined. Added the -lCrun to the
   libsmokeqt_la_LIBADD definition. This doesn't
   seem right.

2.  make test fails completely. The errors are all
    the same:
    Can't load '../blib/arch/auto/Qt/Qt.so' for module
    Qt: ld.so.1: perl: fatal: relocation error: file
    ../blib/arch/auto/Qt/Qt.so: symbol
    __1cKQdDAsciiDict4Ch_G__vtbl_: referenced symbol
    not found

Checking Qt.so with ldd shows it referencing the libs
I expect. nm Qt.so | grep AsciiDict | grep vtbl
gives me:
__1cKQdDAsciiDict4Ci_G__vtbl_
__1cKQdDAsciiDict4CL_G__vtbl_
__1cKQdDAsciiDict4Cv_G__vtbl_

(and a bit more..)
Anyone have any suggestions? The source's on RH8 and
the Sun look the same (haven't diff'ed them yet).

thanks
jim cowan