[Kde-perl] introducing the PerlQt plugin for Qt Designer (Beta 1)

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Thu Jun 12 10:42:52 CEST 2003

Le Lundi 09 Juin 2003 04:36, Ashley Winters a écrit :
> Germain,
>
> Wow! I just compiled Qt and PerlQt, and 6 hours later it works. :)
>
> That is totally amazing. I see how the SIGNAL()/SLOT() syntax is going
> to fit in there; the # SLOT: business is lame by comparison.
>
> I'm going to work with it some and see if I come up with any
> suggestions. Very cool stuff. I love the auto-completion and
> everything. It's amazing how deep into the details the designer goes...

I'm glad you like it!
Still, auto-indent is a shame and the project handling bit needs some work.
I don't have much time though.

"# SLOT" is a sick hack.
The Designer won't let you access its MetaDataBase of registered
functions/slots. Instead, it expects plugins to list all _function
signatures_ by parsing the editor content.
Muhahaha.

So yes, the new syntax is definetly helpful
(and rules out PerlQt < 5.008 as a consequence).

> *works double-hard on PerlKDE*

  *pills KDE widgets in a Form to warm up* 8)