KIconLoader Followup

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Tue Jun 7 14:07:19 CEST 2005

On Monday 06 June 2005 08:08 pm, Luke Alan Sandell wrote:
> First, I would like to thank everyone who responded to my previous post. I
> never expected so many responses so quickly. Since I composed that message
> it has been revealed to me that Google is only allowing 200 participants in
> their program (forgive me, I was not even aware of the program until it was
> announced on dot.kde.org). In practical terms, this means that if I want to
> actually have my proposal accepted, it will have to be something a little
> more earth-shattering than a cache for KIconLoader. To this end, I have
> sent a proposal to bounties at kde.org, being graphical editors for kcfg and
> kxmlgui, though even this seems to have limited usefulness. All this means
> that I will no longer plan on doing anything with the icon loader per se.
>
> [snip]

There is already a graphical editor for kcfgc files. it's in extragear.
However, there is no editor for kxmlgui files. Anyways, both the iconloader
cache and then kxmlgui editor are nice ideas. I hope you'll take a shot at
implementing them anyways, even though there might not be any cash involved.

Thanks,
Matt