Gross inefficiency in kmail

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Mar 21 16:15:16 CET 2004

On Sunday 21 March 2004 01:14, Josef Weidendorfer wrote:
> Am Saturday 20 March 2004 07:01 schrieb George Staikos:
> > sync with at most 5-10 new messages) under calltree takes 1.5 hours to
> > complete.  It takes many seconds (over a minute or two?) to complete in
>
> Just a tip: Did you run calltree with option "--simulate-cache=no" ?
> I suppose that detailed cache simulation is not needed here, but the number of
> instructions executed and call counts are enough.
> This should cut down simulation times in halve.
Interesting!
Does calltree support reading options from e.g. $CALLTREE_OPTS?
This would allow people with no brain memory (like me) to set this once and for all :)
I suppose putting it in VALGRIND_OPTS would confuse other skins.

> Perhaps I should make this a default option.
Sounds good to me (since I don't know how to read the cache simulation anyway :)