Gross inefficiency in kmail

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Sun Mar 21 00:27:45 CET 2004

On Saturday 20 March 2004 19:14, Josef Weidendorfer wrote:
> Am Saturday 20 March 2004 07:01 schrieb George Staikos:
> > sync with at most 5-10 new messages) under calltree takes 1.5 hours to
> > complete.  It takes many seconds (over a minute or two?) to complete in
>
> Just a tip: Did you run calltree with option "--simulate-cache=no" ?
> I suppose that detailed cache simulation is not needed here, but the number
> of instructions executed and call counts are enough.
> This should cut down simulation times in halve.
> Perhaps I should make this a default option.

  No I didn't in this case, but I've noticed situations where that would be
very useful.  If it's going to take 45 minutes, it might as well take 90
because I'm going to leave and come back anyway, and the extra information
may be useful later.  However if it takes 16 hours, 8 hours is certainly
preferable.  Thanks for the tip!

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/