KFileIVI optimization: less QPixmaps created

Carsten Pfeiffer pfeiffer at kde.org
Wed Jun 9 16:31:08 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 09 June 2004 15:13, David Faure wrote:

Hi,

> I was reading a very old mail from Carsten Pfeiffer about possible
> optimizations in libkonq's KFileIVI ("icon view item"), and he mentionned
> the fact that QPixmaps are created in there even when not using thumbnails.
> Since the QPixmap constructor calls XCreatePixmap immediately (even for
> null pixmaps), we might gain from building those pixmaps on demand. I've

IIRC, I was wrong on that, there's a return-statement somewhere in the middle
of the QPixmap constructor, so that XCreatePixmap() is not called for null
pixmaps... so that optimization should not be necessary.

Cheers
Carsten
--
Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Architecture and Software Technology, FIRST
Kekuléstraße 7, 12489 Berlin