KDaemonApplication

Jordi mumismo at wanadoo.es
Tue May 27 14:21:40 CEST 2003

hi,
In nowadays KDE there are several non GUI apps like kded klauncher... that are
non-GUI apps but as they use KApplication or KUniqueApplication has a lot of
dependences and  overload.

I'm also i'm trying to run parts of kde (for instance konqueror) in a minimal
system,  when i run kded  "standard theme crystalsvg is not found" message is
displayed. It's not a problem for me but it seems pretty bad design having
something like kded or klauncher wondering about icon themes.

What about KDaemonApp or something like that, with as little dependencies as
possible (not initialiting as many things as kapplication does), to be able
to write lightweight daemons. Or at least to have daemons that knows as
little as possible about GUI.

I know that telling this without any code is just hand waving, but i suspect
that if it hasn't been done before there's a good reason.

--
Jordi Polo