Comparing KHTML in Quanta and Konq

Dik Takken D.H.J.Takken at phys.uu.nl
Thu May 22 03:07:14 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I was just doing some updating of my homepage using quanta. The page that
I was working on contained some links to external sites. For some reason
or another I started surfing by clicking one of these links and I realized
that you can actually use Quanta as a web browser. The funny thing is
that browsing the internet with Quanta is lightning-fast in comparison with
Konqueror. It wasn't surfing anymore, I was flying around the net! Every
new page just turns up instantly. I guess KHTML actually isn't as slow as
I thought...

I was wondering if others can confirm this and if someone can explain the
enormous performance difference between the two 'browsers'.

I am using KDE 3.1.1 now. Can someone tell me about how the
latest development version of Konqueror is doing today (speed-wise)?

Dik