API structure

Kevin Puetz kde-optimize@mail.kde.org
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:43:53 -0600

Miguel Tadeu wrote:

> Other thing that i would like to see, and would "look faster"( and repeat,
> look
>  ), is that icon under the mouse cursor( when an app is initializing ) to
>  move
> with the same draw rate as the mouse cursor. And why does the menu seems
> to draw its borders before loading the menu? Shouldn't it draw the all
> menu first and the draw it from a buffer( but draw the complete menu )?

Yes, unfortunately this is not (yet) possible. The new Xcursor extension in
X4.3 should allow us to actually attach the icon to a hardware cursor
managed by the Xserver so it will be much smoother (this goes for all our
little color cursor tricks).

Not sure what you see in the menus, maybe my machine's too fast :-).