Article

Benjamin Meyer kde-optimize@mail.kde.org
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:24:56 -0500

On Friday 10 January 2003 8:36 am, Caleb Tennis wrote:
> On Friday 10 January 2003 01:32, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > I tossed together an article tonight.  It is a draft.
> >
> > http://kaylee.meyerhome.net:81/~ben/ben/articles/optimize.php
> >
> > Comments, feedback, missing topics, etc?
>
> Ben,
>
> Looks like the start of a promising article.  One thing I personally th=
ink
> would help: in your list of optimization ideas, like "use const..." and
> "avoid virtual functions...", explain why.  Perhaps an explanation of w=
hat
> using const buys you, or how virtual functions eat up space, could give
> some insight to people who write programs but never studied CS in schoo=
l.

I didn't necessarily want to conver explicit examples, but more to be a p=
ortal=20
of sorts to where you can get more information.  (Even attempting to try =
to=20
cover many C++ optimizations topics would be a daunting task and I would=20
repre to leave that to others with much more experiance or to the books t=
hat=20
would be more likly clearer)  I have re-written that paragraph, included =
a=20
few websites that I found etc.  I have also made a number of smaller chan=
ges=20
and aditions from recomendations that I have recieved.  Many thanks

-Benjamin Meyer