KConfig

Benjamin Meyer kde-optimize@mail.kde.org
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 19:45:30 -0500

> Not saving hardcoded default values is also a problem if the same
> configuration files are used with different versions of a program where
> some default values have changed.

Well this is a double edge sword.  Changing versions would have the opert=
unity=20
for some settings to change without the user knowing, but doesn't that=20
normally happen anyway and is almost expected as features are=20
added/removed/changed.  In most all cases changes made to the system woul=
d=20
only improve the default values of the application to something more=20
sensible.  In the end I still think that it is worth it and ok to do.

-Benjamin Meyer