KConfig

Waldo Bastian kde-optimize@mail.kde.org
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 18:31:37 +0100

On Thursday 09 January 2003 16:03, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> A quick browse through: ~/.kde/share/config/ contains
> quite a bit of settings the vast majority of which are default values.  So
> making KConfig only save when the value is not the same as the default
> value would be a good thing.

It's a bit hairy, since the default value is only provided at read-time. We
would have to convert it from its C++ type to a string in the read call so
that we can compare it later on in the write call. I don't mind doing that,
but I doubt if it is going to be any faster.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org -=|[ SuSE, The Linux Desktop Experts ]|=- bastian@suse.com