KConfig

Benjamin Meyer kde-optimize@mail.kde.org
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 10:03:01 -0500

On Wednesday 08 January 2003 4:58 pm, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 January 2003 20:33, Maks Orlovich wrote:
> > On Wednesday 08 January 2003 02:28 pm, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > > Oh here is another thing.
> > >
> > > When applications save their settings should the setting be saved i=
f it
> > > is the default?  If KConfig only saved settings that were not the
> > > defaults
> >
> > It does that already.
>
> Not completely. If there is a default setting file under $KDEDIR then i=
> does not save those settings again under $KDEHOME. The defaults that ar=
> hardcoded in the application are in general being saved though.

I really don't tweek my system much beyond the default install.  I think=20
putting spell check in the tookbar of kmail is the only definitive change=
 I=20
make to my system.  A quick browse through: ~/.kde/share/config/ contains=
=20
quite a bit of settings the vast majority of which are default values.  S=
o=20
making KConfig only save when the value is not the same as the default va=
lue=20
would be a good thing.

-Benjamin Meyer