Konsole scrolling

Oswald Buddenhagen kde-optimize@mail.kde.org
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 16:04:22 +0100

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 07:46:06PM +0100, Stephan Binner wrote:
> On Friday 21 February 2003 17:23, Waldo Bastian wrote:
>
> > I would like to hear Stephan Binner's opinion about the patch first.
> > If he thinks it's ok it can go in for both 3.2 and 3.1.1 IMO.
>
> Looks good except of empty bulkNewline() and bulkEnd(). I have no
> objective measurings with small bandwith at hand.

> Perhaps ask Ossi who once complained about too slow refresh when
> typing

i can't type _that_ fast. :) the problem appeared when scrolling within
mc or simply keeping enter pressed on the command line.
anyway, i can't observe any adverse effects of waldo's patch.

nonetheless i think that this total abstraction of the screen is a big
mistake performance-wise. konsole is the _by far_ most sluggish "xterm"
i know.

> (patch at http://tinyurl.com/6791 :-)?

i read this list (did you honestly expect i don't? ;), so no need to
upload patches for me. :)

greetings