[Kde-nonlinux] KDE Player for .rm files

Dave Feustel dfeustel at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 9 16:06:13 CET 2005

On Sunday 09 January 2005 07:50 am, Frank Baumeister wrote:
> On Monday 03 January 2005 19:13, Dave Feustel wrote:
>
> > I have not found any program to play .rm (realaudio) files
> > on OpenBSD. Is there a KDE program that plays .rm files?
>
> I think Xine (xine-lib) is able to play .rm files (http://xinehq.de).
> Kaffeine (http://kaffeine.sourceforge.net) is a KDE media player
> based on xine-lib. It's a great piece of software!
>
> Regards
> Frank
Thanks for the tip.

I did not see any indication that xine has builtin support for .rm
files, but I downloaded xine anyway to see if I could build it.

Running on OpenBSD 3.6 using gcc 2.95.3,
I downloaded xine library and X-frontend.  After configure of
xine lib, the make  fails in metronom.c with  syntax errors.

The  X-ui cannot be built until the xine lib is available and configured.

Xine is supposed to be working on an OpenBSD port.

Dave Feustel