[Kde-nonlinux] KDE info/error messages

Dave Feustel dfeustel at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 18 15:21:28 CEST 2004

I started having a problem on Openbsd with Konqueror not displaying
my homepage at startup - it always displayed at startup the same Solomen's
Temple webpage in which I was not interested. This was when I started
Konqueror by clicking on the Konqueror icon in the taskbar. I began starting
Konqueror and Kmail from a Konsole window. Many KDE diagnostic and
error messages  are now written to the Konsole window. I now prefer starting
KDE programs from the Konsole window because I find the messages interesting.
Do the KDE developers watch these  messages with an eye to fixing
the code that is generating all these messages?

(I am currently running Openbsd 3.4 with KDE 3.1.3, but I have on order
Openbsd 3.6 with KDE 3.3.0. I will upgrade as soon as I get the CD.)

Thanks,
Dave Feustel 1-260-422-5330
http://www.mindspring.com/~dfeustel