[Kde-nonlinux] Problem Building Multi-threading Qt version 3.3.2(required to build KDE 3.3)

Andy Fawcett andy at athame.co.uk
Tue Jul 27 11:38:03 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 27 July 2004 00:35, Dave Feustel wrote:
> On Openbsd 3.4 using GCC 2.95
> I have twice sucessfully configured and built the non-threaded
> version of qt 3.3.2. When I configure qt 3.3.2 for threads (in order
> to build KDE 3.3) as directed in
> http://developer.kde.org/build/compile_kde3_2.html
>
> make confclean
> ./configure -system-zlib -qt-gif -system-libpng \
> -system-libjpeg -plugin-imgfmt-mng -thread -no-stl \
> -no-xinerama -no-g++-exceptions
> make
>
> the make aborts with the following message
>
> mt/qfiledialog.o dialogs/qfiledialog.cpp
> dialogs/qfiledialog.cpp: In method `void QFileDialog::setDir(const
> QString &)':
> dialogs/qfiledialog.cpp:3163: implicit declaration of
> function `int getpwnam_r(...)'
> dialogs/qfiledialog.cpp:3163: warning:
> cannot pass objects of type `QCString' through `...' *** Error code 1

Just a hunch, but I suspect you don't have a getpwnam_r() on OpenBSD. If
this is the case, you might like to try editing dialog/qfiledialog.cpp
line 3160(ish) and add "&& !defined(Q_OS_OPENBSD)" to the end of the
line.

If this fixes the build, you'll need to raise a bug report with
Trolltech.

(the existing fix there was because of a FreeBSD problem I reported to
the Trolls)

A.