[Kde-nonlinux] kmail html display bug

Dave Feustel dfeustel at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 25 14:43:34 CET 2004

I'm runing kmail 3.1.3 on Openbsd 3.4 (cdrom release).
I discovered recently that when kmail displays
an email in html mode and the kmail window
is active, moving the mouse anywhere on the
monitor screen (even outside of the kmail window)
causes kmail to scroll the html window. Move
the mouse above the kmail message window
and the html text will start scrolling and continue
to scroll until the top of the message is displayed.
Move the mouse to the right of the html screen
and the html screen will scroll to the end of lines
in the message. This behavior makes the mouse
essentially unusable when kmail is displaying an
html message. I'm not sure that this happens with
every html message, but it has occurred with several
kmail messages that I decided to view in html mode.

This is a very disconcerting effect when it occurs!

Dave Feustel