[Kde-nonlinux] JavaScript Problem

Dave Feustel dfeustel at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 1 17:34:07 CET 2004

I'm running kde 3.1.3 on Openbsd 3.4.
Domain-specific enabling of Javascript still does not work properly
when I attempt to retrieve email from mindspring.com (earthlink.net).
Login to the email server at http://www.earthlink.net only works when
Javascript is enabled globally, regardless of whether the email server
address(es) are added to the domain list with the 'accept' attribute.
The simplest way to tell whether Javascript is working after clicking on
https://webmail.pas.earthlink.net/wam/wam is to look for the login/password
fields. If they do not appear, then JavaScript was not active when the
page was downloaded.  Currently I enable JavaScript globally just before
executing webmail and then disable JavaScript globally immediately after.
Ocasionally I forget to disable JavaScript and I generally get a real quick
reminder that I forgot. Very Annoying to say the least.

Dave Feustel