[Kde-nonlinux] KDE Upgrade Problem

Kai Duncan kai_duncan at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 09:18:51 CEST 2003

Hello, I am running FreeBSD 4.7 and just upgraded my
ports. I am now running XFree86 4.8.1 (I think) and
KDE 3.1 and I am having a slight problem. I am using
my old XF86Config file but for some reason the screen
only takes up a small portion of the display. There is
probably about 4 inches of black on each side of the
screen surrounding the Desktop. I haven't a clue what
could be the problem and it just started after I
upgraded. I'm almost positive that this isn't a KDE
problem but I would still like to see if anyone here
can offer any assistance as to what may be the
problem. Relevant system info can be seen below.
Thanks a lot.

Dell Inspiron 8000
Intel Pentium III @ 900mhz
128MB System Memory