[Kde-nonlinux] HP-UX system

Albert Chin kde-nonlinux@kde.org
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 14:18:08 -0600

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 09:35:39PM +0200, Marcus Camen wrote:
> kde-common (the libtool stuff in the admin dir), arts, kdelibs, kdebase
> So far, we didn't try to build anything else.

Did you get this error building kdelibs:

kextsock.cpp: In static member function `static int
   KExtendedSocket::doLookup(const QString&, const QString&, addrinfo&,
   kde_addrinfo**)':
kextsock.cpp:1817: error: `res_init' undeclared (first use this function)
kextsock.cpp:1817: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for
   each function it appears in.)
gmake[3]: *** [kextsock.lo] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/opt/build/kdelibs-3.1.1/kdecore'

res_init is in /usr/lib/libc.sl but I cannot find a prototype in
/usr/include.

> > Are your patches to workaround bugs in aCC's C++ compliance or C++
> > compliance bugs in the KDE code?
> Hehe. Both  ;-)
> Especially kdeprint/* triggers quite a number of ugly-but-easy-to-workaround
> aCC bugs.

What version of aCC do you have?

> > And what are the threading issues with GCC?
> See: http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html#hppa*-hp-hpux11
> "Thread support is not currently implemented"
>
> If you try to compile QT you will get something like (QT with -thread is not
> supported on HPUX / GCC).

Worked here (with aCC and GCC 3.3).

> > We were going to try
> > building KDE on 11.x with the 3.3 prerelease.
> Ah. Interesting. Please let me know of your progress. I assume you will have
> less compile problems than with aCC (if threading works...).

arts done. Working on kdelibs now.

--
albert chin (china@thewrittenword.com)