[Kde-nonlinux] New libtool. Please try.

Michael Matz kde-nonlinux@kde.org
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 21:33:24 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

On http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~matzmich/ddd/admin-new.tar.bz2 you will
find a replacement for the admin/ dir.  It contains a new copy of libtool
based on CVS-head-libtool, with only small modifications.  I did not yet
backport all our local changes to libtool, in the hope most of them aren't
necessary anymore.  If everything goes right we'll switch to that version
for 3.0, so please try to find bugs for your platform.  Just recompile
kdesupport,arts,kdelibs and kdebase to see if you get a barely working
system with no strangenesses in the runtime path.  FWIW on linux it seems
to work to my liking, although I only tested with default configure
options (i.e. just --prefix, and no --enable-debug or other stuff).

For the libtool part I won't post any diffs.  There are some small changes
in acinclude.m4.in (and am_edit), but that's just an side issue.  Good
night.

Ciao,
Michael.