[Kde-nonlinux] KDE 2.2.2 on HP-UX 11.00

Gerhard Hippmann kde-nonlinux@kde.org
Tue, 05 Mar 2002 11:26:18 +0100

Hi there,

I would like to install KDE 2.2.2 on my HP-UX 11.00 machine, but there
are several problems:

- It is recommended to use gcc 2.9.5 for compiling, but this version is
not supported for HP-UX 11.00:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2000-07/msg00120.html

- Nevertheless gcc 2.9.5 seems to work quite fine (except for some
warnings about conflicts in string.h and qstring.h). So I compiled qt
2.3.2 without further problems and tried to go on with kdelibs-2.2.2.

- The first stop occured because of the line "int snprintf(char *str,
size_t n, char const *fmt, ...);" in config.h which I commented out to
go on.

- The second one was fixed by modifying "lt_module module (lt_module)
0;" -> "lt_module module = (lt_module) 0;"

- The third and actual one is more complicated. The compiler stops at
"typedef size_t socklen_t;" in /usr/include/sys/socket.h with the
message "declaration does not declare anything". That is obviously true,
because in configure.h we find "#define socklen_t int" and so the
statement in socket.h becomes "typedef size_t int;" which does not make
too much sense! I tried to comment out this line in configure.h, but
this does not work either since we end in different declarations
(unsigned/signed int) for socklen_t.

Does anybody know how to compile KDE on HP-UX 11.00?! What compiler can
be used for qt and KDE 2.2.2? Or is anywhere a running version available?

Thanks for help,
  HippiE